Friday, September 12, 2008

A Famous Town

Wasilla. Before a week or so ago if I said Wasilla people would say Wah, what? Now, you hear it daily on TV if you watch the news. Sarah Palin, our once small town Mayor, now Governor has made our little town quite famous. The press has gotten insane, I understand people have their jobs to do but dang!

Steve and I went to dinner the other night, a reporter was at Evangelos (a very nice Italian fine dining restaurant) along with a female companion. He had on a plaid flannel shirt that still had the packaging crease marks in it, she, Eddie Bauer head to toe. I believe he saw on a blog somewhere how much of a "redneck" town Wasilla was so he ran out and purchased that flannel shirt to fit in. Along with that creased flannel shirt he was wearing jeans and tassel loafers. I wanted to tell him among other things, "Dude you stick out in that shirt with those shoes worse than if you walked through here whistlin' dixie with toilet paper stuck to your shoe!" It was almost insulting to a point. We may be laid back, a sort of "redneck" town but we are not dumb. Just because you are wearing a flannel shirt you wont get us to spill any dirt or half truths. Not that Mr. Reporter will ever read my blog, however, my advise to him:
1. Wash the shirt.
2. Ditch the pretty boy loafers.
3. Treat people with respect, we are not a rude group here.
4. Google the area. You sounded like a complete jackass!

No comments: